McAfee Enterprise Introduces Complete, Data-Centric Solution to Secure Private Applications | Company
SAN JOSE, Calif .– (BUSINESS WIRE) – August 3, 2021–
McAfee Enterprise today announced MVISION Private Access, an integrated approach to enable granular “zero trust” access and extend data and threat protection capabilities to private applications hosted in hybrid computing environments.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210802005141/en/
(Photo: Business Wire)
Many organizations are expanding the ability to work remotely as the COVID-19 pandemic eases in some areas. The physical office as we know it has been replaced by a hybrid work environment, in which employees increasingly rely on the cloud for high-speed, low-latency data access and seamless collaboration. A Deloitte survey of CIOs found that 62% of workloads would be in the cloud by the end of 2021, up from just 41% in 2019, split between public, private and hybrid cloud deployments.
“As private applications increasingly move to the cloud, businesses are rapidly adopting Zero Trust Network Access due to its security and flexibility advantages over VPN,” said Christopher Rodriguez, research director , IDC Network Security. “However, businesses need to recognize that private applications are just as likely to pose a risk of data theft as SaaS applications, and that risk needs to be mitigated. “
MVISION Private Access is disrupting the Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) market by making data centering a central capability of granular “Zero Trust” access to private applications, whether in customer or hosted data centers in private, public or hybrid cloud environments, from any location and device. The solution provides comprehensive coverage of managed and unmanaged devices and performs continuous risk assessment by deriving enhanced device health insights using endpoint security technology from McAfee Enterprises. Additionally, MVISION Private Access converges with MVISION Unified Cloud Edge (UCE) for a single, low latency, 99.999% available cloud native platform that provides unified visibility and control over clouds, private applications, the web. and endpoints.
“ZTNA is designed for cloud-centric deployments, simplifying technology stacks, reducing costs and complexity, and improving productivity. However, existing ZTNA solutions lack the data-centric security controls associated with cloud and web security necessary to secure today’s growing remote connections, ”said Shishir Singh, Chief Product Officer, McAfee Enterprise. . “MVISION Private Access unlocks secure, transparent, and lightning-fast access to private applications for remote employees and eliminates the additional hardware costs, tedious setup process, and complicated architecture associated with traditional VPNs. “
MVISION Private Access provides secure, ubiquitous access to private resources from any remote location and device, and secures remote workforce collaboration with:
- Industry-leading Integrated Data Loss Protection (DLP) and Remote Browser Isolation (RBI): Enables advanced threat protection and complete control over collaborative data through private access sessions, preventing inappropriate handling of sensitive data, blocking files with malicious content, and securing unknown traffic activity to prevent infections malware on end user devices.
- UCE convergence: Integrates with MVISION UCE, which includes Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) and Secure Web Gateway (SWG) to deliver unified visibility, granular access control, end-to-end data protection, and advanced security protection. threats from a unified cloud management console. This transparently provisioned private access, along with other security capabilities through the same Edge service, establishes the security foundation for Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) deployments.
- Granular controls for access to unmanaged devices: Frictionless support for unmanaged devices, including the ability to go beyond simple concepts of access and posture for full session control. MVISION Private Access enables sophisticated policy options that allow organizations to tailor the policy to address the threat and desired data posture, even when addressing session residence, cookie theft / reading, copy / sticking and preventing lateral movement of threats.
- Endpoint security and posture assessment: Extensive McAfee Enterprise endpoint context, powered by proactive threat intelligence from a billion sensors to assess device and user posture, which informs a risk-based zero-trust decision in real time.
- Large-scale service edge: Cloud-grade, intelligently peered PoP architecture with 99.999% uptime that delivers lightning-fast, direct-to-app access and a seamless user experience beyond that provided by traditional VPNs.
MVISION Private Access also integrates with IAM (Identity and Access Management) and MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) solutions, allowing strong authentication options for access to applications and supplementing contextual access controls. This eliminates the risk of malicious actors infiltrating corporate networks using compromised devices or user credentials, thereby preventing an attack from spreading across a network.
For more information on MVISION Private Access, visit www.mcafee.com/privateaccess.
About McAfee Enterprise
McAfee Enterprise is a pure enterprise cybersecurity company. Positioned to meet the evolving security needs of corporate customers with a leading portfolio of solutions, McAfee Enterprise serves the needs of modern businesses, organizations and governments around the world. For more information, visit www.mcafee.com/enterprise.
McAfee Enterprise features and technology benefits are dependent on system configuration and may require activation of hardware, software, or services. No computer system can be absolutely secure.
See the source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210802005141/en/
CONTACT: Tracy Holden
Director of Public Relations, McAfee Enterprise
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT SECURITY
SOURCE: McAfee Enterprise
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 03/08/2021 12:01 am / DISC: 03/08/2021 12:02 am
Copyright Business Wire 2021.