Danville unveils new interactive plot visualization map
DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – A new interactive map makes it easier for people to search plots in the city of Danville.
The City’s Information Technology Department has created this user-friendly web application. This parcel viewer allows users to search by owner name, parcel number, address, legal description and zoning. There is also an advanced search option that shows the sale date range, sale price, and land use / state codes.
âThe old parcel viewer was basically a static application,â said Scott Longerbeam, geographic information systems coordinator for the IT department. âWe changed providers to get a new look, new features and a new representation of all the data we have. “
Here is a list of all the new features:
- Interactive layer display, scaled drawing capabilities, and layer transparency.
- Pre-filled bookmarks for users.
- Interactive selection of plot characteristics for details, navigation and reporting.
- Export selected records and adjacent record sets.
- Corresponding tax cartographic grid (s) for each selected plot.
- Tools for adding symbols, lines, text, etc. in different sizes and colors.
- A comprehensive help section.
- A selection of over 20 different basemaps, including images from 1945 to 2019.
You can consult the new interactive map on the website of the City of Danville.